OpenNode has launched a limited release feature that allows Merchants to accept Debit/Credit Card and Apple Pay payments in addition to Bitcoin. Even payers who do not own (or have sufficient) Bitcoin can initiate payment of a Bitcoin payment request by completing a Debit/Credit Card or ApplePay transaction. In this way, Merchants can reap the benefits of Bitcoin payment acceptance by offering it to a wider group of payers.
When a payer selects the Debit or Credit option from the OpenNode checkout, they are able to purchase exactly the amount of bitcoin needed to complete the Bitcoin payment request (plus fees).
- Debit and Credit cards issued on Visa, Mastercard, or Discover (US-only) networks are accepted.
- Prepaid cards are not supported.
- Payers are prompted to provide basic identity, billing, and card information.
- Payers will need a mobile number for SMS 2FA.
- Payers will need to complete a bank authorization.
- Payers may be asked for additional verification ID.
- ApplePay is auto-selected for Apple Devices using the Safari browser. It does not work on Mac + Chrome/Firefox/Edge or iPhone + Chrome/Firefox/Edge.
Here's a video of a checkout flow paid with a credit card:
In the United States:
- Not available to US payers with a billing address or user location in the following states: CT, HI, NH, NY, TX, VT, VA.
- Maximum individual transaction value: $500
- Weekly Limit (per customer): $500
- Monthly Limit (per customer): $2,000
- Yearly Limit (per customer): $5,000
Outside the United States:
- Available to users in Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, New Zealand, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, The Netherlands, Turkey, United Kingdom, Vietnam.
- Maximum individual transaction value: $1,000
- Weekly Limit (per customer): $1,000
- Monthly Limit (per customer): $4,000
- Yearly Limit (per customer): $7,500
Have questions? Let us know!
If you are interested in learning more about this limited release feature, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.