OpenNode provides a limited-release feature that allows Merchants to accept Debit/Credit Card and Apple Pay payments in addition to those in bitcoin. This feature lets payers who do not own (or have sufficient) bitcoin pay bitcoin checkouts by purchasing exactly the amount of bitcoin needed to complete a bitcoin payment request with their credit or debit card (plus fees).
With this feature, merchants can reap the benefits of bitcoin payment acceptance by offering it to a wider group of payers.
- Debit and Credit cards issued on Visa, Mastercard, or Discover (US-only) networks are accepted.
- Prepaid cards are not supported.
- Payers are prompted to provide basic identity, billing, and card information.
- Payers will need a mobile number for SMS 2FA.
- ApplePay is automatically detected when a payer is using Safari on an Apple device. It does not work on Mac or iPhone when using a different browser (such as Chrome/Firefox/Edge).
Here's a video of a checkout flow paid with a credit card:
In the United States:
- Not available to US payers with a billing address or user location in the following states: CT, HI, NH, NY, TX, VT, VA.
- Maximum individual transaction value: $500
- Weekly Limit (per customer): $500
- Monthly Limit (per customer): $2,000
- Yearly Limit (per customer): $5,000
Outside the United States:
- Available to users in Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, New Zealand, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, The Netherlands, Turkey, United Kingdom, Vietnam.
- Maximum individual transaction value: $1,000
- Weekly Limit (per customer): $1,000
- Monthly Limit (per customer): $4,000
- Yearly Limit (per customer): $7,500
Have questions? Let us know!
If you are interested in learning more about this limited release feature, please email email@example.com.