This video walkthrough shows the steps required to complete a payment with card:
Note: If you are having issues paying with cards, you may want to buy some bitcoin and pay with that instead.
OpenNode's pay by card feature has the following rules & requirements:
- Debit and Credit cards issued on Visa, Mastercard, or Discover (US-only) networks are accepted.
- Prepaid cards are not supported.
- Payers are prompted to provide basic identity, billing, and card information.
- Payers will need a mobile number for SMS 2FA.
- Payers will need to complete a bank authorization.
- Payers may be asked for additional verification ID.
- ApplePay is automatically detected when a payer is using Safari on an Apple device. It does not work on Mac or iPhone when using a different browser (such as Chrome/Firefox/Edge).
Limits for payers in the United States:
- Not available to US payers with a billing address or user location in the following states: CT, HI, NH, NY, TX, VT, VA.
- Maximum individual transaction value: $500
- Weekly Limit (per customer): $500
- Monthly Limit (per customer): $2,000
- Yearly Limit (per customer): $5,000
Limits for payers outside of the United States:
- Available to users in Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, New Zealand, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, The Netherlands, Turkey, United Kingdom, Vietnam.
- Maximum individual transaction value: $1,000
- Weekly Limit (per customer): $1,000
- Monthly Limit (per customer): $4,000
- Yearly Limit (per customer): $7,500