Step 1: Get a Lightning Network enabled wallet:
- First you'll need a Bitcoin wallet that lets you receive, hold, and spend Bitcoin on-chain (regular) and via the Lightning Network.
- For the quickest and most simple mobile experience, we recommend Blue Wallet and Wallet of Satoshi. You can download either on the Apple App Store (Blue Wallet, Wallet of Satoshi) or on the Google Play store (Blue Wallet, Wallet of Satoshi)
For advanced users who would like to set up their own non-custodial wallet, check out this guide here.
Step 2: Move bitcoin into your Lightning Network wallet
- If you don't have bitcoin in your wallet yet, you'll need to buy some. Every country and region is different, so you'll want to do some research before choosing an exchange. Examples are CashApp, Coinbase, Kraken.
- If using Blue Wallet, make sure to create two wallets, 1) On-chain (regular) to receive your bitcoin from the exchange or wherever else you store your bitcoin and a 2) Lightning Network wallet.
- Select the lightning wallet in your Blue Wallet app, click manage funds, then click refill from your on-chain wallet and set your desired amount. If you are using a non-custodial wallet you can connect to us here.
- Now you’re ready to make payments over the Lightning Network.
Step 3: Make a payment
- Open your wallet
- Scan the QR code or tap on the “Open in wallet" button.
- Confirm everything is correct and proceed with your checkout.