Simple, automated payouts can be initiated in two ways:
- From your Dashboard on our web platform.
- Via OpenNode's withdrawal API for transfers.
1. From your Dashboard on our web platform
Payouts can be initiated from within the merchant Dashboard in Payouts:
Payouts are completed in near real-time once they are initiated. Businesses are responsible for notifying recipients of payouts to their OpenNode accounts.
From the Payouts page, OpenNode supports:
- Initiation of Mass payouts via *.CSV file upload.
- Initiation of one-off bitcoin transfer.
To initiate a Mass Payout via *.CSV file upload:
- Click "Mass Payout" on payout page.
- Download the *.CSV file for format requirements
- Select source of funds (BTC wallet or local currency wallet i.e. USD wallet)
- Select completed *.CSV file
- Enter 2FA
Filling out the *.CSV
- Enter "email" to transfer funds to another OpenNode user. Make sure the email you enter in ADDRESS matches the one on the recipient's OpenNode account.
- If the SOURCE selected is BTC wallet, the amount is denominated in satoshis. The amount must be denominated as an integer. (i.e. 0.00001000 BTC, or 1000 satoshis, is entered as "1000").
- If the SOURCE selected is USD wallet (or another local currency wallet), the amount is denominated in local currency. The amount must be formatted as double. (i.e. $20.45 USD is entered as "20.45").
- If the TYPE field is set to "email", make sure the email address you enter in ADDRESS matches the one on the recipient's OpenNode account.
You can view the status of your Mass Payout on the Activity page and will also receive emails when the payout instruction is created, and again when the payout is initiated. OpenNode will also notify you in case the payout fails.
To initiate a one-off bitcoin transfer:
- Enter the recipient's email address associated with their OpenNode account.
- Select source of funds.
- Enter transfer amount in source currency.
- Enter 2FA.
You can view the status of your one-off bitcoin transfer on the Activity page and will also receive emails when the transfer instruction is created, and again when the payout is initiated. OpenNode will also notify you in case the transfer fails.
2. Via OpenNode’s withdrawal API for transfers
- If using BTC as a source of funds, refer to our developer portal for information on how to start using the withdrawal API to initiate bitcoin payouts:
Note: If using local currency as a source of funds, please contact email@example.com to get started.
BTC payouts to third parties can also be initiated from within the merchant Dashboard using the Bitcoin Transfer feature.