Businesses can define one or more Whitelisted IP Addresses for each Withdrawal API Key. Withdrawal API Keys are used to authorize withdrawal requests.
- If a whitelisted IP address is associated with a withdrawal API key, OpenNode will not authorize BTC transfer requests from other IP Addresses.
- If no whitelisted IP address is associated with a withdrawal API key, OpenNode will allow any remote IP to initiate a BTC transfer request.
How to Add IP Addresses to the Whitelist
IP address whitelists must be added to the withdrawal API key when it is first generated. This means that if you have existing API keys and want to add an IP address whitelist, you must make a new withdrawal API key. To set up a whitelisted IP address:
- Create a new API Key: Sign in to OpenNode and go to Developers > Integrations > Add key
- Enter IP Address: As part of the API Key request, you will be prompted to enter an IP address.
- To enter more than one IP address, use a comma to separate them.
For example: 255.255.255.254, 255.255.255.255